Professional Education Subject
Led by award-winning Georgia Tech faculty, our Structural Engineering Professional Education courses are specifically developed for engineers and professionals responsible for the design, analysis, and testing of steel and wood structures. Earn continuing education units (CEUs) from a world-class leader in science, technology, and engineering.
Courses In This Subject
- CIVE 3005: Wood Design (CIVE 3005P)—
Master the design fundamentals for wood members in structures, using the National Design Specification for Wood Structures 2005 Edition and the ASD method of design.
- CIVE 3007: Advanced Topics Structural Analysis (CIVE 3007P)—
Review basic structural analysis techniques, with an introduction to more advanced concepts including 3-D indeterminate structures, stability, and nonlinear analysis.
- CIVE 3010: Prestressed Post-Tensioned Concrete Design (CIVE 3010P)—
Learn to analyze and design prestressed and postensioned (ps/pt) concrete members, following ACI 318-08 requirements in this seven-week online course.
- Nanotechnology- Origins, Definitions, Materials, Fabrication and Applications (Contract) (DEF 0101P)—
Explore the disruptive implications that nanotechnologies may have on commercial and defense applications. Examine the broad range of nanotechnology materials.
- Principles of Design and Analysis for Multiple Hazards: Vibration, Earthquake, Wind, and Blast (CIVE 3011P)—
Obtain a detailed review of the basic principles of structural dynamics, vibrations, earthquake resistant design, blast and wind engineering.