Professional Education Course
Radar Systems Engineering
This course is not currently scheduled. To be added to our email list, please complete this form and select your program area of interest.
Provide the ability to perform system engineering functions for each required mission, mode of operations, subsystem and interfaces composing a modern radar system. This course will explain the process of analyzing your mission requirements and developing the flow-down requirements to the specific radar subsystems. The course will also address capability-based architecture development where system constructs are derived from existing software and hardware implementations. The course will also provide you the insights on assessing third party radars from the system engineering perspective as required in intelligence analysis. As a Radar Systems Engineer you are required to develop requirements for each subsystem, the top-level hardware and software architecture and the incremental plan for developing and testing capabilities. This course will provide you with the approach and process and introduce you to the available tools for creating the radar system requirements and architecture.
Who Should Attend
Technical manager, system engineers, architect, radar algorithms developers, and hardware and software manager task to implement a real-time radar program that has numerous algorithms and external system interfaces.
How You Will Benefit
Technical manager, system engineers, architect, radar algorithms developers, and hardware and software manager tasked to implement a real-time radar program that has numerous algorithms and external system interfaces. The student will be familiar with the complete radar system engineering lifecycle and have the ability to implement quality products required for each phase of the project lifecycle:
Create the system design using proven radar system engineering principals:
- Architect the radar’s role (CONOPS) in the mission and system interfaces (weapons systems, C2, netcentric, etc.)
- Perform radar system analysis, trade studies, prototyping and required execution timelines
- Investigation of existing legacy systems and reverse engineering
Develop requirements and constraints that need to be addressed very early in the program
- Platform – specific engineering aspects
- Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) and other implementation issues
- Availability and Reliability
- Risk/Opportunity Management
- Development approach for an architecture that adhere to defined requirements:
What Is Covered
- Introduction to Radar System Engineering
- System Design
- System Analysis
- Trade Studies
- Requirement Analysis
- Requirement Definition and Allocation
- Subsystem Definition
- System Engineering Processes and Tools
- Model and Simulation
- In-class Project
Participants will each receive a PowerPoint chart.
This course is:
- an elective for the Radar Systems Certificate.