Professional Education Course
Leading Systems Engineering Teams
Key competencies of accomplished systems engineers include leadership, communication skills, problem solving, systems thinking, strong technical acumen and mastery of personal attributes such as credibility and trust. Most systems engineers develop knowledge in methods, processes and tools but lack training in leadership and systems level thinking. This course presents a number of key concepts designed to encourage a leadership role in systems engineering.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals with several years of experience and a desire to better apply systems principles to their roles
How You Will Benefit
- Understand key systems practices as applied to management
- Understand team-based organizations
- Established methods for leading engineers and engineering teams
- Apply systems engineering to project management
- Know the importance of the system life cycle and project phases
- Effectively plan and organize a project
- Manage and verify customer requirements
- Learn practical approaches for managing risks and opportunities
- Develop key aspects of integrated product development
- Know how system architecture determines success of a system design
- Understand the importance (and threat) of software in complex systems
What Is Covered
- Leading Engineering Teams
- Systems Engineering Management
Participants receive a notebook with lecture slides.
Fundamentals of Modern Systems Engineering is recommended.
This course is: