Professional Education Course
Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Fundamentals
This course is not currently scheduled. To be added to our email list, please complete this form and select your program area of interest.
Obtain a systems engineering understanding of SIGINT systems and techniques. Explore the impact of antenna type, propagation effects, and signal processing techniques on emitter detection. Learn the similarities and differences between interferometers and modern digital beamforming approaches. Examine common emitter geolocation algorithms, as well as analytical means to predict their performance.
Who Should Attend
Managers or Engineers new to the field or responsible for relevant technology/systems will benefit. Those working in the field who desire an introduction to emerging technology and signal processing techniques will also benefit.
How You Will Benefit
- Review basic and advanced antenna types and characteristics
- Understand propagation effects and models for challenging environments
- Become familiar with receivers, link budgets, and detection theory
- Study issues associated with digital beamforming, such as calibration and cochannel interference suppression
- Learn emitter geolocation techniques, as well as means to bound their performance
What Is Covered
- Antenna Fundamentals
- Propagation Effects and Models
- Digital Beamforming
- Array Calibration
- Cochannel Interference
- Detection Concepts
- Link Budgets
- Emitter Geolocation Techniques and Performance Bounds
- Introduction to Advanced Signal Processing Techniques
Participants will receive printed and electronic copies of the course notebook.
This course is: