Professional Education Course
Radar Cross Section Reduction
|Registration Deadline||Section Dates||Format & Location||CEUs||Fee||Status|
|Nov 03, 2014 (Mon)||Nov 03, 2014 (Mon) - Nov 05, 2014 (Wed)||Atlanta (Centennial Research Building) (this is an onsite course)||2||$1,495||OPEN|
|Jun 08, 2015 (Mon)||Jun 08, 2015 (Mon) - Jun 10, 2015 (Wed)||Atlanta (Centennial Research Building) (this is an onsite course)||2||$1,695||OPEN|
Important Course Information
This is a classified course. See Security Requirements section below for details.
Review radar echo characteristics and how they may be controlled or modified, focusing on radar cross section reduction principles and basic concepts. Explore aviation radar cross section reduction (RCSR) applications, while touching on radar cross section reduction for other vehicle types. Examine basic techniques of echo control and characteristics of simple shapes. Review tools used in devising radar cross section reduction treatments. Get hands-on experience with materials characterization and applying these materials to a test body.
Who Should Attend
- Maintenance crews
- Managers from industry and the military
How You Will Benefit
- Place RCSR in the context of the overall platform survivability
- Understand the fundamentals of high-frequency and low-frequency scattering mechanisms
- Reduce scattering through platform shaping and material treatments
- Understand radar cross section measurement and prediction data formats
- Understand radar cross section reduction in terms of reliability and maintainability through the platform’s life cycle
What Is Covered
- Radar Fundamentals
- Electromagnetics and Scattering Basics
- Radar Cross Section Data Examples and Presentation Formats
- Surface Wave Mechanisms
- Design Concepts
- Radar-Absorbing Material Design
- Nonspecular RAM
- High-Frequency Scattering Mechanisms
- Inlet and Exhaust Cavities
- Radar Cross Section of Antennas
- Radar Cross Section of Holes and Slots
- Radar Cross Section Estimation
- Low-Frequency Radar Cross Section Radar
- Radar Cross Section Computer Models
- Radar Cross Section Diagnostics
- Radar Cross Section Measurement Ranges
Participants receive a copy of the primary reference, Radar Cross Section, and the unclassified course notes on CD-ROM.
Though not required, some knowledge of electromagnetic theory is helpful.
This is a classified course. Attendees must be US citizens with SECRET-level clearance and need-to-know certification and submit the Need-to-Know Certification and Security Clearance form.
Personal items will not be allowed into the building or classroom (purses, book bags, paper, pens, electronic devices, phones, etc.) and storage compartments will not be provided.
This course is: