Professional Education Course
Introduction to MIL-STD-1553
This course is not currently scheduled. To be added to our email list, please complete this form and select your program area of interest.
Gain a working knowledge of MIL-STD-1553, the communications standard used by the Air Force, Navy, Army, NASA, and other high reliability communication users. Discover what you need to know to effectively use this communications standard. Understand and apply five rules that help ensure your bus design operates efficiently.
Who Should Attend
- Electronic warfare and avionics systems engineers
- Hardware and software design engineers
- Employees with little or no MIL-STD-1553 experience
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the physical properties of the MIL-STD-1553 bus
- Avoid five common errors in designing a MIL-STD-1553 system
- Correctly design a MIL-STD-1553 topology and installation
- Troubleshoot a MIL-STD-1553 installation
- Understand how the standard operates
- Discover MIL-STD-1553 applications
What Is Covered
- MIL-STD-1553 Background
- High-Level Features
- "Physical Layer"
- "Protocol Layer"
- "Architecture Layer"
- PC Cards
- Bus Analyzers
- Simulation Tools
- Validation Tools
- Other Tools
- Other Examples
- Best Practices
- MIL-STD-1553 Capable Systems
Participants receive a CD-ROM and a class notebook with all course presentations.