Professional Education Course
Topics in Occupational Health Management
|Course Title: Topics in Occupational Health Management|
|Program ID: EST 7012P||Subject: Safety & Health Training|
This course provides an opportunity to explore various occupational health topics not typically covered in a traditional industrial hygiene class. Participants will hear from industry experts on complex issues such as implementing effective employee health management programs, worksite wellness programs, communicable disease control in the workplace, and risk management (with a focus on workers compensation and labor relations). Promotion strategies outlining the business case for workplace environmental, health & safety (EHS) will be emphasized.
Who Should Attend
General industry workers who want to learn about occupational health management
How You Will Benefit
Upon completing this course, participants will learn and understand the following:
- Recognize the scope of occupational health risks in the workplace
- Gain familiarity with both specific industrial hygiene topics as well as management of potential control strategies
- Understand how increased overlap between safety, risk management and human resources can lead to improved industry performance
Attendees will each receive a course notebook with copies of the presentations.
- Overview of Common Occupational Health Risks
- Managing Employee Health/Wellness Programs
- Occupational Health Risk Management
- Building the Business Case for EHS
When you register, you may choose to purchase a parking pass for an additional fee (Atlanta offerings only). The pass is valid for parking in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center parking deck.
This course is:
- a requirement for the Selected Topics Certificate in Occupational Health.