Professional Education Subject
Courses In This Subject
- Fault and Disturbance Analysis Conference (ELEC 9190P)—
Join fellow power systems professionals to examine recent electrical disturbances and possible solutions in this annual Georgia Tech conference.
- Fundamentals of Engineering: Preparation for the Electrical and Computer Exam (ELEC 1011P)—
This is a newly developed course tailored to prepare individuals seeking to take the new format Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, Electrical and Computer (CBT). It is a self-paced course covering most, but not all, (about 70%) of the topics on the exam.
- Grounding, EMI, and Power Quality (ELEC 3501P)—
Understand design practices for grounding and electromagnetic compatibility of industrial, commercial, and residential systems with linear and distorting loads.
- Integrated Grounding System Design and Testing (ELEC 3500P)—
Gain a comprehensive overview of substation grounding system design for safety and lightning protection and testing procedures, with emphasis on fundamentals and computer-based design procedures.
- Modern Energy Management Systems (ELEC 3504P)—
Explore the design principles and practical applications of modern energy management systems, ISOs, and RTOs.
- Nanotechnology- Origins, Definitions, Materials, Fabrication and Applications (Contract) (DEF 0101P)—
Explore the disruptive implications that nanotechnologies may have on commercial and defense applications. Examine the broad range of nanotechnology materials.
- Power Distribution System Grounding and Transients (ELEC 3502P)—
Explore the theory and practice of modern power distribution system grounding, transients, protection, and operation.
- Power System Relaying: Theory and Applications (ELEC 3503P)—
Explore the fundamental principles of relaying, analysis tools for power-system modeling and analysis pertaining to relaying, industry practices in protection of lines, transformers, generators, motors, and industrial power systems.
- Protective Relaying Conference (ELEC 9115P)—
The annual Georgia Tech Protective Relaying Conference is an educational forum for the presentation and discussion of broad and detailed technical aspects of protective relaying and related subjects.
- Renewable Energy Systems (ENER 2010P)—
Gain the foundational knowledge of renewable energy systems, the need behind them, as well as an understanding of the economic and political context of the industry. Obtain an understanding of the benefits and challenges of the major technologies through discussion and demonstrations.