Professional Education Subject
Gain a fundamental knowledge of signal processing theory and system design from experienced Georgia Tech instructors. Our courses focus on the practical applications of signal processing and participants are given the opportunity to apply key concepts and techniques through hands-on laboratory exercises.
Courses In This Subject
- Airborne AESA Radar (DEF 3534P)—
Gain an overview of airborne Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems focusing on AESA theory, technology and practical considerations.
- Basic Radar Signal Processing (DEF 3540P)—
Obtain a thorough overview of the major signal processing methods used in modern radars to suppress interference and improve detection, resolution, measurement accuracy, and tracking quality.
- Battlefield Acoustics Signal Processing (DEF 8109P)—
Learn the basic physical principles underlying the propagation of acoustic signals in the atmosphere, environmental factors that influence sound near the ground, and typical sources of noise that degrade the performance of acoustic signal processing systems.
- Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing (DEF 3505P)—
Review basic signal analysis concepts, with emphasis on Fourier transform relations and sampling. (Click on course title to access video sample.)
- Fundamentals of Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing (DEF 3513P)—
Learn the basic principles of modern 2- and 3-dimensional synthetic aperture radar signal processing. (Click on course title to access video sample.)
- Modeling and Simulation of RF Circuits (DEF 3542P)—
This class presents the spectrum of RF circuit modeling and simulation options from the perspectives of both theory and practical commercially-available tools, providing students with practical hands-on time with several different modeling software packages.
- Radar Warning Receivers Fundamentals (DEF 3533P)—
This course introduces individuals with a background in electronics to the basics in Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) technology.
- Signal Processing Refresher (DEF 3521P)—
Review basic techniques for representing and processing signals, with emphasis on methods commonly used in sensor processing systems such as communications, radar, infrared systems, and electronic warfare. (Click on course title to access video sample.)
- Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Fundamentals (DEF 2510P)—
Obtain a systems engineering understanding of SIGINT systems and techniques. Examine impact of antenna type, propagation effects, and signal processing techniques on emitter detection and geolocation performance.
- Software-Defined Radio Development with GNU Radio: Theory and Application (DEF 4013P)—
An intense four-day tutorial on implementing software-define radio (SDR) systems. Students will be exposed to both communications theory and the programming skills required to develop GNU Radio SDR systems.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar Image Formation Processing (DEF 3514P)—
Gain an in-depth study of signal processing options for synthetic aperture radar image formation.