Professional Education Subject
Gain a fundamental knowledge of signal processing theory and system design from experienced Georgia Tech instructors. Our courses focus on the practical applications of signal processing and participants are given the opportunity to apply key concepts and techniques through hands-on laboratory exercises.
Courses In This Subject
- Battlefield Acoustics Signal Processing (DEF 8109P)—
Learn the basic physical principles underlying the propagation of acoustic signals in the atmosphere, environmental factors that influence sound near the ground, and typical sources of noise that degrade the performance of acoustic signal processing systems.
- DSP for Practicing Engineers Using the TI C6713 DSP Starter Kit (ELEC 2502P)—
Learn basic DSP theory with a focus on real-time, fixed-point applications. Understand the principles specific to the implementation of DSP algorithms on a fixed-point processor.
- Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing (DEF 3505P)—
Review basic signal analysis concepts, with emphasis on Fourier transform relations and sampling. (Click on course title to access video sample.)
- Fundamentals of Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing with MATLAB (DEF 3513P)—
Learn the basic principles of modern 2- and 3-dimensional synthetic aperture radar signal processing. (Click on course title to access video sample.)
- Image Processing Using TI DM6437 (ELEC 6508P)—
Gain a solid foundation in image processing with a focus on real-time applications. Learn how to apply theory through real-world examples and laboratory exercises using Texas Instrument's DaVinci Platform.
- Signal Processing Refresher (DEF 3521P)—
Review basic techniques for representing and processing signals, with emphasis on methods commonly used in sensor processing systems such as communications, radar, infrared systems, and electronic warfare. (Click on course title to access video sample.)
- Synthetic Aperture Radar Image Formation Processing (DEF 3514P)—
Gain an in-depth study of signal processing options for synthetic aperture radar image formation.
- Video Processing Using TI DM6437 (ELEC 6507P)—
Building upon the concepts presented in Image Processing, participants will learn how to apply image and video processing theory through real-world examples and laboratory exercises using Texas Instrument's DaVinci Platform.