Professional Education Course
Grain Handling Safety
Grain handling safety has become a topic of vital importance as fatalities and serious injuries in the industry have increased. Without appropriate safeguards in place, employees may be exposed to a number of serious hazards – engulfment and hazardous atmospheres in grain bins, grain dust explosions and fires, along with mechanical, electrical and fall hazards.
Georgia Tech’s Grain Handling Safety course will provide agribusiness safety leaders and employees with the knowledge and tools they need to identify and mitigate these industry-specific hazards.
Who Should Attend
- Safety and Health Professionals
- Agribusiness safety leaders and employees
- food processing safety leaders and plant managers.
How You Will Benefit
- Participants will have a working knowledge of OSHA’s Grain Handling Industry Standard.
- Participants will be able to identify and mitigate grain handling hazards from their agribusiness operations.
- Participants will be able to integrate grain handling safety concerns into their overall safety and health management systems.
What Is Covered
- Intro to Grain Handling Hazards
- Safe Grain Bin Entry
- Grain Dust Explosion Hazards
- Machine, Fall and Other Hazards
- Program Administration and Training
- Case Studies
Attendees will each receive a course notebook and copies of handouts.
This course is an elective for the following certificates: