Professional Education Course
Fundamentals of Industrial Robotics and Deployment of Robots
|Course Title: Fundamentals of Industrial Robotics and Deployment of Robots|
|Program ID: COMP 7102P||Subject: Robotics|
There are no sections available for registration to this course at this time. If you want to request an offering of this course, please contact us.
This one-day course covers the fundamentals of industrial automation and robotics including the hardware, controls, peripheral equipment, and successful implementation of a robotic system deployment in a flexible production environment.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for engineers, scientists, and industrial managers, as well as anyone who is interested in how existing industrial technologies might be transitioned into innovative robotic products.
How You Will Benefit
Course participants will:
- Learn about the hardware, controls, peripheral equipment, and successful implementation of a robotic system in a flexible production environment.
- Explore and discuss industrial technologies that have enabled the recent advances in the personal robotics field.
- Investigate how Production Planning Process (3P) of robot deployment may properly integrate automation into a Lean production facility.
What Is Covered
- Brief history of Industrial Robots
- Introduction to the typical industries and applications where robots are found
- How automation fits into a healthy manufacturing strategy
- Styles of Robots and their application (6-axis, SCARA, Parallel, Cartesian, etc.)
- Controls (robot control, motion, and PLC system controls)
- Hardware (Servos, peripheral equipment)
- Sensors (tactile, vision systems, safety & optic positioning)
- Programming (on-site and off-line)
- Quality Systems – Acheiving Jidoka and "Autonomation" with robots
- Mass Customization and the flexible automation future
Deployment of robots using the 3P Method
- Data Collection
- Usage of forms & templates
- How to make solid decisions regarding robots and automation
Attendees will each receive copies of handouts.