Professional Education Course
OSHA 3115: Fall Protection
|Registration Deadline||Section Dates||Format & Location||CEUs||Fee||Status|
|Sep 23, 2014 (Tue)||Sep 23, 2014 (Tue) - Sep 26, 2014 (Fri)||Atlanta (Georgia Tech Global Learning Center) (this is an onsite course)||2.0||$715||OPEN|
|Mar 17, 2015 (Tue)||Mar 17, 2015 (Tue) - Mar 20, 2015 (Fri)||Atlanta (Georgia Tech Global Learning Center) (this is an onsite course)||2.0||$790||OPEN|
Important Course Information
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
Safety shoes, safety glasses, and appropriate clothing are required.
Participants must present photo identification upon course check-in and onsite registration. The Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center will verify the identity of each individual attending an OTI course.
Get an overview of state-of-the-art technology and OSHA requirements for fall protection, including the principles of fall protection, components of fall arrest systems, limitations of fall arrest equipment, and related OSHA policies. Participate in a field exercise demonstrating fall protection equipment. Course includes a one-day field exercise. (formerly OTI 3110)
How You Will Benefit
- Identify various types of fall protection and their components
- Recognize fall hazards and identify abatement methods for fall hazards
- Define the proper use of fall protection equipment and personal fall arrest systems
- Select proper standards for citation purposes
What Is Covered
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart M
- Sample fall protection plans
- Consensus standards and summaries
- Fall hazard analysis
- Fall accidents and fatalities
- Litigation decisions
- Pre and post test
Completion of OSHA 510 or equivalent construction training experience
When you register, you may choose to purchase a parking pass for an additional fee (Atlanta offerings only). The pass is valid for parking in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center parking deck.
This course is:
- a requirement for the Construction Safety and Health Certificate.