GI Bill Benefits at Georgia Tech
To find out available veteran education benefits at Georgia Tech, please visit the Veterans Benefits page within the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office website.
Eligible Professional Education Programs
The following professional education programs are eligible for veteran education benefits:
Courses offered online, at Georgia Tech-Savannah, or Cobb County Research Facility locations are not eligible for veteran education benefits.
GI Bill Education Benefits
If you're requesting veteran education benefits for the first time, please use VA Form 22-1990.
If you've requested veteran education benefits in the past, use VA Form 22-1995 to request a program or location change.
Approval Process Information
- If your request is approved, the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) will be sent to your home address via U.S. mail.
- Georgia Tech will not receive a copy of the COE.
- Submitting a paper application can significantly reduce the processing time of your request.
- Make sure to allow enough time for Georgia Tech's Certifying Official to review and approve your benefits. We suggest you register no less than two months before your first course begins.
- Create your GTPE student profile.
- Find an eligible program by using the list provided in the "Eligible Professional Education Programs" section above.
- Start your registration from the course listings on the certificate page
- Upload your COE at the time of registration
- Send transcripts of all previously completed college-level coursework as soon as your registration is submitted.
- Click on the title of the course you wish to attend.
- Click on the "register" button of the section you wish to attend.
- Click the "My Cart" icon at the top of the screen to check out.
- Choose the "VA Benefits Payment" method.
- Chose the name of the program you intend to complete.
- Upload your current COE, with photo ID included, into the shopping cart.
- Review and accept the "Terms of Service."
- Click on the "Click to Continue" button to submit your order.
- Wait for the on-screen message that confirms your order has been submitted.
- Check your email for a notice of receipt of order. (Note: The notice of receipt of order is not the final confirmation notice.)
A GTPE registration team member will contact you to obtain your full SSN and provide instructions for submitting VA-required unofficial transcripts of all your college-level credit. The Georgia Tech School Official (SCO) will then review your order within 5 to 10 business days to complete the VA certification process.
If your order is determined to be complete, you will receive a final email notice that provides links to your course(s) to review specific details (location, meeting times, and any special instructions).
If your order is determined to be incomplete, you will receive a phone call or email from the SCO to resolve the issues associated with your course registration.
- Students are responsible for unpaid tuition not covered by VA Education Benefits. The VA covers only the cost of tuition for the course.
- If books, materials, or meals are included in the cost of the course, be prepared to provide payment of these fees prior to certification and registration confirmation.
- Expect to be contacted by Georgia Tech for payment if the SCO determines payment is due for course-related non-tuition charges.
- Course attendance verification will be made prior to submitting payment certification to the VA.
- Changing course selection after being certified to use VA Education Benefits will impact payment and may lead to student debt owed to the VA.
Benefits Assistance: Georgia Tech Registrar's Office (reply time: 3-5 business days)
Registration Assistance: GTPE Office (reply time: 1-2 business days)
Business Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday
Street Address: 84 5th Street NW, Global Learning Center, Atlanta, GA 30308
In-person registrations can be accommodated after benefits approvals have been confirmed by the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office.