Education for Veterans
Veterans Education Training and Transition (VET2)
Among the first of its kind in the U.S., the Veterans Education Training and Transition (VET2) is a fully-funded military transition program that provides education and job opportunities to help transitioning active duty service members in the state of Georgia, unemployed veterans, and military spouses (in designated regions of the state of Georgia) translate military values and experience into a successful civilian career.
Combining classroom and/or online instruction with internship opportunities, the program provides skill development in sought-after subjects such as lean six sigma, supply chain and logistics management, and project management. Upon completion of the program, veterans receive a professional certificate from a world-renowned academic institution and are better positioned to enter the challenging civilian job market.
Among the companies that hosted or hired veterans and service members in the state of Georgia are Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Northrop Grumman, Amazon, Wayfair, Booz Allen Hamilton, Lockheed Martin, Georgia Port Authority, Georgia Power, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Integrating veterans into the workplace
- Receive real-world course content directly to your corporate sponsor.
- Receive valuable work experience in your field of interest.
- Gain an important credential from a highly-ranked university.
- Learn from an expert in the field of veteran employment (and fellow veteran).
- Gather crucial feedback on resume preparation, interviewing skills, and marketability.
- Build education and experience for your resume.
- Gain access to a program with the febrility to align with your separation date.
- Network with cohort members and employers.
- The VET2 program is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) and is approved as a state workforce development program by the GDEcD.
- All active duty, National Guard, and Reserve personnel; unemployed veterans; and military spouses who are transitioning to a civilian career are eligible to participate at no cost.
- Select a military program track of interest and review the course details and time commitments.
- All interested participants will need to fill out a registration form.
- After the form is submitted, a member of our military programs staff will contact you via email or phone within three to five business days to discuss the programs that best fit your professional transition and provide upcoming program dates.
- Program duration varies by each track, typically around two to five weeks.
- Participants first receive classroom instruction, where customized content is provided by employers.
- After the classroom experience, participants receive on-the-job training by completing either an internship or project with a corporate sponsor.
- After successful completion of the program, participants will earn a Georgia Tech Program Certificate.
|VET2 Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB)||January 23- February 3, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||December 9, 2022|
|April 3-14, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||February 17, 2023|
|September 18-29, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||August 4, 2023|
|VET2 Project Management Professional (PMP)||February 27 - March 10, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||February 13, 2023|
|May 15-26, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||May 1, 2023|
|August 7-18, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||July 24, 2023|
|November 6-17, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||October 23, 2023|
|VET2 Supply Chain and Logistics Management Program||October 9-27, 2023||M-F||8 am - 5 pm||Live Virtual Online||September 25, 2023|
Browse Veteran Education Program Offerings
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from Georgia Tech through the VET2 program put me ahead of other job seekers and has helped with my studies at Havard Business School. It helped me to look at things strategically and technically from a process standpoint.
Georgia veterans have graduated from the program since 2013.
of graduates receive full-time job offers from partner companies.
of veterans who enroll in the program successfully graduate.