Data Structures & Algorithms III: AVL and 2-4 Trees, Divide and Conquer Algorithms
- Course Content
- Requirements & Materials
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn more complex tree data structures, AVL and (2-4) trees; investigate the balancing techniques found in both tree types; implement these techniques in AVL operations; or explore sorting algorithms with simple iterative sorts, followed by Divide and Conquer algorithms. You will use the course visualizations to understand the performance.
What You Will Learn
- Java programming skills by implementing AVLs and sorting algorithms
- Study techniques for restoring balance in AVL and (2-4) trees
- When to apply single and double rotations in AVLs
- Complex (2-4) trees that exhibit underflow and overflow problems
- The appropriate use of promotion, transfer, and fusion in (2-4) trees
- The time complexity for the AVLs, (2-4) Trees, and sorting algorithms
Want to see all Massive Open Online Courses?
The course schedule was well-structured with a mix of lectures, class discussions, and hands-on exercises led by knowledgeable and engaging instructors.