Data Structures & Algorithms II: Binary Trees, Heaps, Skiplists, and Hashmaps
- Course Content
- Requirements & Materials
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn about nonlinear and hierarchical data structures; study binary trees, BSTs, and heaps; understand tree operations and algorithms; implement Hashmaps that store data using key-value pairs; or explore probabilistic data structures like Skiplists. Course tools will help visualize structures and performance.
What You Will Learn
- Mature Java programming skills by using recursion in tree ADTs
- The different nonlinear, linked data structures: Trees, Heaps, SkipLists, and HashMaps
- The significant uses and applications of hierarchical tree structures
- Tree properties and categorizing based on shape and order
- How to design and implement the binary trees: BSTS and Heaps
- How to compute amortized analysis for BSTs, Heaps, HashMaps, and SkipLists
Want to see all Massive Open Online Courses?
The course schedule was well-structured with a mix of lectures, class discussions, and hands-on exercises led by knowledgeable and engaging instructors.