Professional Education Subject
Supply Chain Management
The Supply Chain Management courses are designed to help you create solutions that immediately improve efficiencies within your company’s supply chain. Earn continuing education units (CEUs) from a world-class leader in science, technology, and engineering.
Courses In This Subject
- Building the Lean Supply Chain Leader (LOG 4002P)—
Transform your organizations’ way of thinking in order to effectively execute and sustain a lean supply chain.
- Building the Lean Supply Chain Problem Solver (LOG 4000P)—
Learn to see your operations from a new vantage point and determine where and how waste can be eliminated through the lean process.
- Building the Lean Supply Chain Professional (LOG 4001P)—
Apply lean principles and problem solving within your company in order to reduce the total cost of your supply chain.
- Demand Driven Supply Chain Strategy-4 Day (LOG 3140P)—
Learn how to develop a comprehensive supply chain strategy to improve a company's financial and service performance by implementing supply chain principles, metrics, practices, and systems.
- Engineering the Warehouse (LOG 3130P)—
Learn the concepts necessary to address modern warehouse trade-offs between space and time in optimizing and managing your warehouse.
- Inventory and Transportation Planning and Management (LOG 3111P)—
Develop the principles, practices, and tools required to address the major requirements and tradeoffs in inventory and transportation including key financial and performance indicators for design of supply chains to minimize transportation and distribution costs.
- Inventory Planning and Management (LOG 3110P)—
Understand inventory "physics" and how good inventory management is necessary for good customer service.
- Lean Warehousing (LOG 3160P)—
Learn how to manage warehousing efficiently by bringing lean principles into the warehouse and the distribution center. This course covers the lean principles to reduce waste in warehousing operations, manage the flow of inventory, instill disciplined processes, and effectively use visual management.
- Pre-planning Strategy for Health and Humanitarian Organizations (LOG 5001P)—
Relief requirements for public health and humanitarian events are in general both unknown in size and type, and are affected by dynamic and hard to measure factors such as geographic location, local economy, infrastructure, social and political conditions, etc. This course will examine methods and models for making pre-planning decisions and explore the significant value that is obtained through informed decision-making in advance of an unpredictable event.
- Strategic Planning of Supply Chain Facilities (LOG 3093P)—
Learn step-by-step how to integrate the five components of an industrial facility – layout, material handling, communications, utilities, and building design – into cost effective facilities.
- Supply Chain Management Technology-3 Day (LOG 1005P)—
Identify and evaluate the latest technologies to make improvements in your supply chain performance.
- Systems Operations in Health and Humanitarian Response (LOG 5003P)—
This course will focus on conceptual and modeling skills to understand and effectively manage humanitarian response from a systems perspective. Models will address system characteristics (e.g. demand dependencies) that drive system dynamics and policies to regulate performance. Course topics include methods for improving coordination and collaboration, addressing demand dependencies, and reliably measuring and evaluating system performance.
- Tactical Decision Making in Public Health and Humanitarian Response (LOG 5002P)—
This course will explore methodologies for tactical decision making including procurement and inventory policies, strategies for distribution and allocation of limited resources, and transportation decisions. It will assist in mitigating or reducing inventory variability and costs and increase service levels through information sharing.
- Transportation and Distribution Planning and Management (LOG 3120P)—
Learn how to make improvements to your transportation plan that will reduce total cost and increase your company’s service.
- Warehouse/Distribution Center Layout (LOG 3010P)—
Improve the performance of your warehouse and distribution facilities.