Professional Education Subject
Learn the ins and outs of SCUBA diving from instructors with more than 40 years of combined teaching experience. Courses are taught at the Georgia Tech Aquatics Center, a premier instructional facility.
Courses In This Subject
- Adult CPR and AED (REC 0910P)—
Learn techniques for providing Basic Life Support, including victim assessment, airway management, and one-person Adult CPR.
- Advanced Oxygen Provider (REC 1240P)—
Get additional training in techniques for providing emergency oxygen to a non-breathing diver.
- Basic First Aid (REC 0920P)—
Learn to quickly and effectively deal with emergency situations.
- Dive Leader 1: SCUBA Training Assistant (REC 1900P)—
Learn to assist an Open Water SCUBA training program.
- Diving BLS (REC 1260P)—
This course combines content from Adult CPR and AED, Oxygen Provider, and Advanced Oxygen Provider.
- Diving Emergency Management Provider (REC 1200P)—
Learn about oxygen treatment for diving injuries, recognizing and treating marine life injuries, and the different victim scenarios you could encounter.
- Diving First Aid (REC 1270P)—
This course combines content from Basic First Aid, Marine Life First Aid, and Field Neuro for Divers.
- Field Neuro for Divers (REC 1250P)—
Learn to recognize the effects of a diving injury on the central nervous system.
- Marine Life First Aid (REC 1220P)—
Learn to minimize the effects of unexpected encounters with hazardous marine life.
- Oxygen Provider (REC 1210P)—
Learn about the causes, signs, and symptoms of decompression illness, as well as methods for providing vital oxygen first aid to an injured SCUBA diver.
- Rescue Diver 1: SCUBA Lifesaving and Accident Management (REC 1320P)—
Learn to manage SCUBA emergencies and diving-related accidents.
- Rescue Diver Crossover (REC 1330P)—
This course is required for Rescue Divers who wish to assume a leadership role in the SCUBA training program at Georgia Tech, but received their Rescue certifications elsewhere.
- SCUBA Diver 1: Introduction to Open Water Diving (REC 1100P)—
This is an entry-level course for people who have not been previously certified to SCUBA dive.
- SCUBA Diver 2: Advancing into Diving (REC 1300P)—
Prepare for Advanced Open Water and/or Nitrox Certifications
- SCUBA Diver 3: Mastering Recreational Diving (REC 1500P)—
SCUBA Diver 3 prepares divers to undertake the most advanced forms of diving by providing in-depth coverage of a range of topics including physics, physiology, advanced decompression theory, navigation, search and recovery, and more.
- SCUBA Diver Refresher (REC 1190P)—
This course is for certified divers who have not dove in the last 12 months
- Standard First Aid (REC 0900P)—
Learn about assessment, basic life support, basic first aid, and preventing disease transmission