2015 Georgia Tech Power Systems Conferences Call for Papers
Join other power system experts and professionals to network and exchange ideas! Registration opens in two weeks!
Fault and Disturbance Conference
April 27 - 28, 2015
Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
Protective Relaying Conference
April 29 - May 1, 2015
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Abstract Submission Deadline: September 26, 2014
Call for Papers: Georgia Tech Fault and Disturbance Analysis Conference
The Transient Recorder Users Council and Georgia Tech have issued a Call for Papers for the 2015 Power Systems conferences. Submissions should be of a non-commercial, technical nature on topics related to transient recorders and fault and disturbance analysis in electrical power transmission, generation, and distribution systems.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developments in hardware and software technology for transient recording
- Novel applications of transient recordings
- PMU applications
- Experiences with Web-based technology for IED transient recordings
- Analysis of disturbance events of a unique, unusual, or educational nature
- Changes to application criteria as a result of industry restructuring
- Reliability and predictive maintenance
- Power quality
Call for Papers: Georgia Tech Protective Relaying Conference
The Protective Relaying Conference planning committee has issued a Call for Papers for next year's conference. Papers will be selected based on technical content, topical interest, and timeliness. The conference emphasizes operational practice and the application of new techniques and devices.
Original papers will be given first preference; however, papers previously presented at other relay conferences and IEEE national meetings will also be considered. Please indicate where and when the paper was previously presented. Because the conference is a technical forum, company specific and promotional materials are not acceptable.
Submission Guidelines for Both Conferences
Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure proper submission and consideration:
- Identify Conference: The first line should identify the conference for which the paper should be considered.
- Abstracts: These should be not less than half a page but should not exceed one page. When submitting multiple abstracts, authors should limit abstracts to one per page. Abstracts should include address, e-mail, phone number, and fax number of author(s) and be in MS Word or PDF format.
- Deadline: Abstracts should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26, 2014. You will receive a receipt of your submission promptly. If you do not receive a submission notification within two weeks, please contact Deborah King. Abstracts received following this deadline will be returned to authors.
- Paper Selection: Selections will be announced mid-November. To be included in the conference proceedings, selected papers must be submitted in MS Word or PDF format three weeks prior to the conference. Electronic copy is strongly recommended.
International participants are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract for one or both conferences.
Submission Guidelines for the Clayton Griffin Student Paper Award
- Deadline: Student papers must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by January 31, 2015.
- Eligible Papers: Papers should be written primarily by a student, and the topic should be related to power system protection. Student papers are limited to four pages only and should be in IEEE double column format with font size not smaller than 11.
- Presentation: The winner will be announced February 24, 2015 and will be expected to present his or her paper at the 2015 Georgia Tech Protective Relaying Conference on Friday May 1, 2015 (presentation 30 minutes plus 5 minutes Q&A) in order to receive the award.
International students are strongly encouraged to enter the Clayton Griffin Student Paper Award competition.
If you need additional information, contact Sakis Meliopoulos at 404-894-2926 or Deborah King at 404-894-2964.