Professional Education Course
OSHA 503: Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers
|Course Title: OSHA 503: Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers|
|Program ID: OTI 503P||Subject: Safety & Health Training|
Important Course Information
APPLY FOR OSHA 503
This course requires an application and approval prior to registration. Click here for instructions
Course Fees: $615 course with 29 CFR 1910 (book), or $580 without book
- Oct 7-9, 2014- Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 14028
Course Fees: $640 course with OSHA 29 CFR 1910 (book), or $604 without book
- Jan 13-15, 2015 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 15140
- March 31-Apr 2, 2015 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 15141
- June 2-4, 2015 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 15142
- July 14-16, 2015 - Georgia Tech Savannah (Savannah, GA) - CRN 15143
- Oct 6-8, 2015 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 15144
Participants must present photo identification upon course check-in and onsite registration. The Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center will verify the identity of each individual attending an OTI course.
Maintain your general industry trainer status. Become familiar with recent changes to OSHA standards for the most common hazards and violations. This course is for private-sector personnel who have completed the OSHA 501 instructor course. General industry voluntary compliance outreach trainers must take this course every four years. If your card has expired, you must retake the OSHA 501 course and the exam.
How You Will Benefit
- Locate and apply recently adopted or revised OSHA general industry safety and health standards, policies, and procedures
- Use recent changes in OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe recent developments in abatement procedures for selected safety hazards
What Is Covered
- OSHA inspection policy updates
- OSHA procedures and standards updates
- Safety and health program management
- Training techniques
Course fee includes latest version of the required OSHA 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Safety Standard. However, if you already have a copy, you may choose to register at the alternate course fee *without* the book, but be sure to bring your copy with you to class.
- A current Outreach Trainer card or transcript for the last OSHA 501 or OSHA 503 course completed. General Industry Voluntary Compliance Outreach Trainers must take OSHA 503 every four years: If your card has expired, you must retake the OSHA 501 course and exam.
- OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Standards: If purchased from Georgia Tech, must be preordered at the time of registration with at least 10 days prior to the course start date.
- Participants must present photo identification upon course check-in and onsite registration. The Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center will verify the identity of each individual attending an OSHA course.
- Students in the OSHA 503 are required to conduct presentations. We recommend you come prepared with training material and laptop/flash drive. Presentation time will vary depending on class size with an average time of 15 minutes. Presentation topic related to an OSHA Subpart will be assigned at the beginning of the course.
Participants are required to have completed the OSHA 501 course.
When you register, you may choose to purchase a parking pass for an additional fee (Atlanta offerings only). The pass is valid for parking in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center parking deck.
This course is:
- a requirement for the Industrial Safety and Health Certificate.