Professional Education Course
Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers
|Course Title: Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers|
|Program ID: OTI 502P||Subject: Safety & Health Training|
Important Course Information
APPLY FOR OTI 502
OSHA now requires all people interested in attending the OTI 502 update course to submit proof they have previously completed the OTI 500 or OTI 502 course, and the completed verification form for approval before they will be authorized to register. Click here to apply.
OTI 502 Course Schedule
Course Fees: $615 course with OSHA 29 CFR 1926 (book), or $580 without book
- April 1-3, 2014 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 14020
- June 3-5, 2014 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 14021
- July 15-17, 2014 - Georgia Tech Savannah (Savannah, GA) - CRN 14022
- Oct 7-9, 2014 - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (Atlanta, GA) - CRN 14023
Participants must present photo identification upon course check-in and onsite registration. The Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center will verify the identity of each individual attending an OTI course.
Maintain your construction industry trainer status. Become familiar with recent changes to OSHA's most common hazards and violations.
This course is for private-sector personnel who have completed the OTI 500 instructor course. Construction industry voluntary compliance outreach trainers must take this update course every four years. If your card has expired, you must retake the OTI 500 course and the exam.
How You Will Benefit
- Locate and apply recently adopted or revised OSHA construction industry safety and health standards, policies, and procedures
- Recommend current OSHA construction requirements and policies
- Describe new construction standards
- Identify training material resources
- Apply techniques and resources used by other construction outreach trainers
- Provide a general overview of construction safety practices
What Is Covered
- OSHA inspection policy updates
- OSHA procedures and standards updates
- Safety and health program management
- Training techniques
Course fee includes latest version of the required OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Construction Safety Standard. However, if you already have a copy, you may choose to register at the alternate course fee *without* the book, but be sure to bring your copy with you to class.
- A current Outreach Trainer card or copy of certificate for the last OTI 500 or OTI 502 course attended and completed on the first day of class. Construction Industry Voluntary Compliance Outreach Trainers must take OTI 502 every four years: If your card has expired, you must retake the OTI 500 course and exam.
- OSHA’s 29 CFR 1926, Construction Industry Standards: If purchased from Georgia Tech, must be preordered at the time of registration with at least 10 days prior to the course start date.
- Participants must present photo identification upon course check-in and onsite registration. The Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center will verify the identity of each individual attending an OTI course.
- Students in the 502 are required to conduct presentations. We recommend you come prepared with training material and laptop/flash drive. Presentation time will vary depending on class size with an average time of 15 minutes. Presentation topic related to an OSHA Subpart will be assigned at the beginning of the course.
Participants are required to have completed the OTI 500 course.
NOTE: Your Trainer Card is required on the 1st day of class. If your card has expired, you must retake the OTI 500 course and exam.
When you register, you may choose to purchase a parking pass for an additional fee (Atlanta offerings only). The pass is valid for parking in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center parking deck.
This course is:
- a requirement for the Construction Safety and Health Certificate.