Professional Education Course
OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene
|Course Title: OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene|
|Program ID: OTI 521P||Subject: Safety & Health Training|
|Registration Deadline||Section Dates||Format & Location||CEUs||Fee||Status|
|Mar 10, 2014 (Mon)||Mar 10, 2014 (Mon) - Mar 14, 2014 (Fri)||Atlanta (Georgia Tech Global Learning Center) (this is an onsite course)||2.7||$830||OPEN|
|Jul 28, 2014 (Mon)||Jul 28, 2014 (Mon) - Aug 01, 2014 (Fri)||Atlanta (Georgia Tech Global Learning Center) (this is an onsite course)||2.7||$830||OPEN|
Important Course Information
Course fee includes OSHA 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Standard (book). You may choose to register for the course without the book during online registration.
Participants must present photo identification upon course check-in and onsite registration. The Georgia Tech OSHA Training Institute Education Center will verify the identity of each individual attending an OTI course.
Learn about industrial hygiene practices and related OSHA regulations and procedures. Focus on OSHA health standards, permissible exposure limits, respiratory protection, engineering controls, hazard communication, sampling instrumentation, hearing conservation, workplace health program elements, and other industrial hygiene related topics. Use workplace scenarios todescribe hazards and determine what OSHA health standards apply.
How You Will Benefit
- Define terms relating to OSHA health requirements
- Recognize potential health hazards in the workplace
- Perform basic health hazard evaluations using OSHA sampling procedures
- Recommend suitable strategies for controlling hazardous conditions
- Describe the elements required for an effective workplace health program
What Is Covered
- Air contaminant sampling
- Air sampling laboratory
- Compliance with air contaminant standards
- Compliance with hazard communication
- Compliance with hazardous waste standards
- Compliance with the asbestos standard
- Compliance with the bloodborne pathogens standard
- Compliance with the noise standard
- Compliance with the respirator standard
- Compliance with ventilation standards and laboratory ventilation
- Detector tube sampling
- Elements of a workplace health program
- Hazard violation workshop
- Health hazard recognition
- OSHA ergonomic guidelines
All students are required to have a current copy of OSHA's 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Standard (1900-1910.999 and 1910.1000 to end). The course fee includes the book.
If you already have a current copy to bring to class, you may choose to register for the course without the book during the online registration process.
When you register, you may choose to purchase a parking pass for an additional fee (Atlanta offerings only). The pass is valid for parking in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center parking deck.
This course is:
- a requirement for the Construction Safety and Health Certificate.
- a requirement for the Industrial Safety and Health Certificate.
- a requirement for the Selected Topics Certificate in Occupational Health.
- a requirement for the Hazardous Materials Management Certificate.