Professional Education Course
Lean Overview and Simulation for Healthcare
There are no sections available for registration to this course at this time. If you want to request an offering of this course, please contact us.
This course is an introduction to the concepts, methods and approaches of a lean management system – the management system associated with the Toyota Motor Company – and the practical application of lean through a hands-on simulation. Course content is healthcare centric, using healthcare examples, terminology, and process/patient flow models to demonstrate how the lean methodology may be effectively applied to your environment.
How You Will Benefit
Through participating in this course you will:
- Experience the impact of lean practices on a simulated process
- Learn how to apply lean techniques to eliminate waste
- Identify specific ways to increase throughput, reduce waste, increase profitability, and reduce lead times to make your organization more competitive.
What Is Covered
- Introduction to lean management
- The 8 wastes and where to find them
- The lean tools including 5S, layout/flow, point of use storage, visual controls, batch size reduction, standard work, mistake proofing and set-up reduction.
Attendees will each receive a course notebook and materials for live simulations.
- Orientation to Buzz Electronics
- Production Round #1 and Debrief
- Lean Background
- Lean Tools 1-6
- Production Round #2 and Debrief
- Lean Manufacturing Tools 7-12
- Production Round #3 and Debrief
- How to Implement Lean
- Questions and Answers/Evaluations