Professional Education Course
Lean Overview and Simulation for Healthcare
This course is an introduction to the concepts, methods and approaches of a lean management system – the management system associated with the Toyota Motor Company – and the practical application of lean through a hands-on simulation. Course content is healthcare centric, using healthcare examples, terminology, and process/patient flow models to demonstrate how the lean methodology may be effectively applied to your environment.
How You Will Benefit
Through participating in this course you will:
- Experience the impact of lean practices on a simulated process
- Learn how to apply lean techniques to eliminate waste
- Identify specific ways to increase throughput, reduce waste, increase profitability, and reduce lead times to make your organization more competitive.
What Is Covered
- Introduction to lean management
- The 8 wastes and where to find them
- The lean tools including 5S, layout/flow, point of use storage, visual controls, batch size reduction, standard work, mistake proofing and set-up reduction.
Attendees will each receive a course notebook and materials for live simulations.
- Orientation to Buzz Electronics
- Production Round #1 and Debrief
- Lean Background
- Lean Tools 1-6
- Production Round #2 and Debrief
- Lean Manufacturing Tools 7-12
- Production Round #3 and Debrief
- How to Implement Lean
- Questions and Answers/Evaluations