Professional Education Course
Fundamentals of Cyber Security
There are no sections available for registration to this course at this time. If you want to request an offering of this course, please contact us.
This course provides a holistic overview of the field of information security. Learn about what it takes to manage and operate an information security program, and focus on areas such as risk assessment, risk management, incident handling, and business continuity planning. Explore the challenges information security professionals face related to network security, system security, and application security. Examine today’s trends in Electronic Warfare and the relationships with C4I and ISR.
How You Will Benefit
Through this course, participants will do the following:
- Discuss the underlying concepts of Cyber Security and Information Security
- Define commonly used terminology
- Gain an understanding of the "big picture" of current and past cyber security incidents, while exploring possible "what if" scenarios
- Explore various attack vectors affecting enterprises today
- Define and discuss challenges information security professionals face
- Identify what factors can affect Cyber Security systems
What Is Covered
- Info Sec Concepts
- Network Security
- Wireless Security
- Network Security Lab
- Host Security & Server Attacks
- Security Testing
- Pen Testing
- Host Security & Pen Testing Lab
- Incident Response
- Policies/Standards/Risk Management
- Case Studies & Special Domains
Attendees should each bring a laptop capable of viewing PDFs and running VMWare Player
Students will each be provided with class slides, notes and lab materials.
This course is:
- an elective for the Test & Evaluation Certificate.